Discovery begins with you.
Our courses are designed not just to learn about the sciences, but about yourself. Our small class sizes allow a partnership to develop between faculty and student so you can discover where your interests lie and how to translate them into a career path. Our advisers help you navigate your schedule so you're always on a track.
Our three distinct centers (below) provide undergraduate and graduate degrees, and our alumni hold positions from science leaders to policy makers. Not sure which is the right one for you? Contact us today and we're happy to provide you with the answers as you take the next step toward your future.
Center for Biological Data Science
The Center for Biological Data Science is a multidisciplinary focus of research and scholarly activity. The mission of the center is to teach and advance interdisciplinary quantitative and computational data science for the life sciences, to provide experiential education in bioinformatics and to promote collaborative and reproducible research.
- B.S. in bioinformatics with a concentration in biological/genomic sciences
- B.S. in bioinformatics with a concentration in computational sciences
- B.S. in bioinformatics with a concentration in quantitative/statistical sciences
- Accelerated B.S. and M.S. in bioinformatics
Have questions about the M.S. program?
Center for Environmental Studies
The Center for Environmental Studies is dedicated to geospatial and environmental research, education and service. Its mission is to conduct research, perform services and produce practitioners of evidence-based science as it relates to the interaction of life, earth and policy sciences. As an academic unit, it has designed its curriculum from the ground up to provide students with the combination of knowledge, skills and experiences that makes you competitive in the marketplace.
Have questions about our graduate programs?
Center for Integrated Life Sciences Education
The mission of the Center for Integrated Life Sciences Education is to facilitate research and education collaborations for the life sciences community at VCU at large.
- Ph.D. in integrative life sciences
- Ph.D. in integrative life sciences with a concentration in behavioral and statistical genetics
- M.D. and Ph.D. in integrative life sciences with a concentration in behavioral and statistical genetics (dual degree)
- Ph.D. in integrative life sciences with a concentration in bioinformatics and genome sciences
- M.D. and Ph.D. in integrative life sciences with a concentration in bioinformatics and genome sciences (dual degree)
Have questions about the Integrative Life Sciences Ph.D. program?